The Real Estate & Leasing Coordinator’s core purpose is to manage lease documentation and support the daily activities of the leasing department in accordance with MBI Brands. This role will be responsible for leasing functions, which may include reviewing lease transactions and agreements and overseeing completion of all necessary paperwork and ensuring that our genuine MBI Brand’s hospitality reflects in the process.
• Review and update our real estate and broker trackers to ensure accuracy.
• Build ad-hoc reports.
• Track new store leases to completion via 3rd party for MBI Brands records.
• Assisting existing franchisees with lease issues.
• Responsible for MBI Brands Corporate lease renewals and offering assistance for franchisee direct lease renewals.
• Review leasing documentation ensuring quality, accuracy, coherence and strength of language.
• Track and follow up on lease documentation with brokers, landlord, franchisees (OTLs, Leases).
• Communicate cross-functionally within corporate platform (Franchising, Real Estate, Operations, Legal and Marketing) to achieve leasing objectives.
• Collaborate and coordinate with our brokers and landlords (including Tenant allowances and Base Building information) where required.
• Establish and develop business relationships with landlords and property managers to achieve/exceed leasing objectives.
• Support leasing recommendations, provide supporting research data (i.e. competitive rates, landlord/ commercial property manager activity, etc.), ensure teams stay informed and explore opportunities aligned with the market.
• Develop leasing reports for internal circulation as required – leasing activity e.g. on-going, conditional, closed, etc.
• Provide updated MBI Brands information brochures for landlords and brokers.
• Review programs (e.g. meetings, functions, and organized events) and schedule real estate events (eg. ICSC) to generate new leads and enhance business relationships with commercial landlords, existing tenants and their representatives.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• At least 2 years of previous experience in commercial leasing/ property management.
• Previous experience in the franchising business model/ industry is considered an asset.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, Word, Adobe Professional Suite, Power Point.
• Familiarity with lease management software is an asset.
• A valid provincial drivers’ license.
• Mature professional judgment and professionalism in handling all matters.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team and able to communicate effectively.
• Must be positive, pro-active and a self-starter.
• Possesses an overwhelming sense for “Exceptional Customer Service”.
• Completion of a university degree or completion of a college degree in a related field
MBI Brands. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Your application was submitted successfully.