The Food Truck Associate will work in collaboration with the Food Truck team lead by the Food Truck Manager, and will primarily be responsible to proactively deliver excellent customer service in a professional manner. This position will advise customers on food and beverage choices, making suggestions when necessary. This role will also greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of merchandise or services required.
- Proactively attend to customer complaints in a professional manner
- Advise customers on food and beverage choices, making suggestions when necessary
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of merchandise or services required
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Replace used stock, rotate current stock, and ensure satisfactory inventory levels
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities
- Ensure Food Truck conditions are consistently upheld to established standards
- Adapt communication style in order to deliver information effectively to a range of individuals
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Attempt to calm irate customers by explaining the situation while attempting to resolve the issue to the best of your abilities
- Take orders from customers and prepare products for purchase
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with the issue resolution as well as the resolution process itself
- Assist with display of merchandise
- Assist with inventory management
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures
- Participate in all manner of Food Truck cleanliness maintenance
- Work in partnership with management and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Ensure that all health, safety, and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met
- Prepare sales and accept cash, credit card, or automatic debit payment
- Food Truck setting
- Extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 15 kilograms
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
- Operation of POS system
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Mary Brown’s reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at its discretion contingent on business need. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Adhere to all policies and plans through communication, action, and consistent enforcement.
- Effectively and efficiently perform all job functions following policy and leading by example.
- Stays up to date on all training as required and follows all health and safety, and sanitation policies enforcing with disciplinary action as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ontario G License – Full-time Food Truck Associates must have Full G License
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience in the food industry
- One year of experience in customer service
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
Mary Brown’s Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.