Location: 4 Elizabeth Park Topsail Road, Paradise, NL, A1L 1E5
The Assistant General Manager will work in conjunction with the General Manager and will oversee and support the operations at the restaurant to ensure profitability and an enjoyable dining experience. They will ensure that the store and all staff are properly supported, trained and coached.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive Extended Health Benefits Package with life insurance
- Career Advancement Opportunities with a company that is growing rapidly nationally
- Delivering genuine hospitality and exceptional guest experience
- Supporting General Manager in restaurant P&L and delivering on financial expectations/budget
- Be a leader in the community building and driving community devotion
- Leading the team to deliver on Mary Brown’s Vision
- Directing restaurant operations on a day to day basis
- Ensuring that all team members have the proper training and mentoring to deliver high standards
- Providing timely reports directly to the management team
- Ensuring all government regulations and procedures are being adhered to
- Train new employees up to the standards set forth by Mary Brown’s
- Assist the Restaurant General Manager with recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling and coaching
- Ensure all Mary Brown’s operational and administrative procedures and standards are adhered to
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Mary Brown’s reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at its discretion contingent on business need. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Required skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of a college diploma, preferably in hospitality management or culinary management.
- Current Food Handling Certificate is mandatory.
- At least 1 year experience in a management role in the QSR or fast casual industry.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Well-spoken with a strong command of the English Language. Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to professionally communicate and to problem solve amid a difficult situation.
- Must be organized, pro-active and a self-starter.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Possesses an overwhelming sense for “Exceptional Customer Service” and commitment to quality service.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified in recognized Safe Food Handling program preferred
- First Aid & WHMIS certificate preferred
- Must be bondable
Attitude and Professionalism
- Actively participates in positive and constructive communication
- A team player, who provides support to colleagues and has a hands-on approach
- Conducts themselves in a solutions-based approach, solving problems collectively and reporting any concerns at an appropriate time to your manager
- Follows all policy and does not engage in any actions that may be perceived as conflicting with company policy regarding bullying, harassment, discrimination, and/or violence
- Does not engage in gossiping or spread disparaging remarks.
- Adhere to all policies and plans through communication, action, and consistent enforcement.
- Effectively and efficiently perform all job functions following policy and leading by example.
- Stays up to date on all training as required and follows all health and safety, and sanitation policies enforcing with disciplinary action as needed.
Occupational health & safety requirements
All supervisors and managers are directly responsible for ensuring the health and safety of workers under their supervision. They must ensure that workers are operating in a manner as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations in addition to company health and safety policies and procedures. Supervisors must inform all workers of the existence of any potential or actual risk to the health or safety of the worker of which the supervisor is aware, and must provide direction and instruction, in writing where prescribed, for safe measures to be taken during the course of their work.